Choosing a commercial roofer can be complex. There are multiple things you must account for—reputation, experience, and more. When you’re choosing a commercial roofing partner in Nashville, here are four things we think you should consider:
1. How much experience does the company have? How long has the company been around? Odds are, if a company has been around for a long time, there’s a good reason for it. Beyond that, you’ll feel much more comfortable placing responsibility for one of your most important (and expensive) assets in the hands of a company that’s been proving its expertise for years—not one that is still making a name for itself.
2. Does the company have a Better Business Bureau (BBB) listing? According to its website, the Better Business Bureau “helps consumers identify trustworthy businesses.” So, the first thing you’ll want to check is whether the company you’re considering is listed on the BBB at all. If it is, see what its rating is. Use your discretion here, but obviously, companies with higher grades are more likely to be trustworthy and reputable than those with lower grades.
3. Review the company’s previous work. What types of jobs has the company done before? Does the company have case studies or testimonials on its website? Ideally, a company will have pictures and descriptions of previously completed jobs, as well as testimonials from those customers describing how the company helped and why its services were important. A company with no evidence of past work or testimonials from previous customers may not be worth the risk.
4. Is the company a member of the Tennessee Association of Roofing Contractors? The Association’s mission is “to have a positive reflection in the roofing industry by representing exceptional professional licensed roofing contractors who are committed to performing superior work standards.”
To become a member of the Association, members must…
- Be licensed
- Be insured
- Have a drug-free workforce
- Have a safety program in place
- Have an office location in the state of Tennessee
So, instead of compiling pages of research, you can simply check the association’s list of members to verify that the company you’re considering operates under sound business practices.
Sure, choosing a commercial roofing partner in Nashville can be a complex process, but our hope is that these tips will simplify the search and make it easier for you to find the roofing partner you can trust.
If you’re interested in working with Maxwell Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc. (which has been around for 60 years, holds an A+ rating on the BBB website, maintains a portfolio of previous work, and is a member of the Tennessee Association of Roofing Contractors), just click here to get in contact with us.