If your roof is getting old, if it has serious damage, or if it’s just full of outdated materials, then 2020 might be the year for an upgrade. New construction for a commercial roof is a big undertaking, but it’s usually worth the effort. Here are some signs that it’s time to get a new commercial roof.
Reasons to Get a New Commercial Roof
- Leaks and damage: Sometimes, leaks can be solved with a simple repair, but often they’re signs that something more serious is going on with the roof. If you have severe leaks, you may have other problems, and it’s probably time for a new commercial roof. Other damage to the roof membranes, flashings, or deck can also signal the need for a new roof.
- Investing in the longevity of your building: The cost of a new commercial roof can be off-putting, but the investment goes a long way. New commercial roofs can last for more than 20 years, and they also protect the rest of the building from damage. Without a good roof, your building may be prone to damage from storms or moisture.
- Improve energy efficiency: Energy efficiency technology has come a long way in the last few years, and roofs play a large part in how many of those technologies function. A new commercial roof can get better insulation or be fitted for solar panels or some other kind of technology to lower electricity bills and make your building more efficient.
- Structural roof damage: Old roofs or roofs that have undergone some sort of accident can become structurally unsound. When this happens, it doesn’t just endanger your roof but the integrity of the entire building. If a roof is sagging or bending, it’s time to get a new commercial roof as soon as possible.
- Damage to roof equipment or penetrations: Damage to roof accessories like flashings, drains, or penetrations like skylights can be a cause for a roof replacement. Sometimes, these accessories can’t be replaced, and you will need a whole new roof.
- Get a new design: Maybe you want to make your building more green. Maybe you want some nice skylights to wow your clients. A new commercial roof opens up a whole world of design possibilities.
If you’re thinking about starting a new year with a new roof, consider Maxwell Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc. We have nearly 70 years of experience and pride ourselves on the quality of our work. To learn more about how Maxwell can help you get the most from your new commercial roof, contact us today.