Have you begun preparing your commercial roof for the summer heat? Extreme heat and humidity can damage your roof if it’s not properly monitored, inspected, and repaired. The summer temperatures are rising fast, and we want to help you protect your commercial roof from premature replacement or costly damages. To help, we’ve put together a list of items for you and your team check when the summer heat creeps up on you.
- Identify any holes or damaged pieces. Even small damages could potentially make your roof vulnerable to leaks. Ensure that every piece of your roof is not properly secured.
- Clean all debris. If you find any loose limbs, leaves, or other debris on your roof, remove it, so that it doesn’t block water drainage or attract pests.
- Inspect your roof’s flashing. Identify any potential damage or irregularities in your roof’s flashing, as they may become increasingly worse over time and cause water damage. Pay particular attention to any spots that look loose or buckled.
- Check your roof’s penetration areas. Identify any gaps in caulking around penetrations or masonry panel joints.
- Look for water stains on the walls and ceilings. If you see any water stains in your building, this could indicate that your roof has a small existing leak that could become worse over time.
- Schedule regular inspections with your contractor. Your commercial roofing partner can set up a regularly scheduled inspection to ensure that all maintenance is taken care of, issues are identified, and damages are repaired. This keeps your roofing investment lasting longer throughout harsh weather conditions.
The Importance of Regular Inspections
In any season, your best protection against harsh weather conditions is a regular inspection from your commercial roofing contractor. Self-inspections are important, as you can identify problem areas for your contractor to address; however, it’s crucial that your roofer is doing a more thorough inspection so that they can fix any issues prior to them becoming large-scale damages. This schedule ensures that your company’s commercial roof lasts as long as possible, making your roofing budget stretch further. At Maxwell, our customers rely on our MAXCare® program to stay on top of their roof maintenance, invoices, documentation, and more.
Our New Service, Maxwell Monitors
As we noticed that our customers’ needs were changing throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our team worked to design a new monitoring service, Maxwell Monitors. Whether your building is currently unoccupied or it’s business as usual, we have a service plan to ensure that your facility is monitored. This service offers monitoring plans as well as a downloadable inspection checklist that will help your team identify potential problems. We can monitor your building so that you can focus your time and energy on your employees, customers, and core functions.
Contact Maxwell Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc. today to schedule an inspection.